My name is Caitlin Kolstad, and I just returned from my third mission experience at Eagle's Nest. Our church has been very involved in this ministry, and I feel a personal calling to make a difference there as well. Here are my top 5 favorite things about Eagle's Nest:
1. The Children - Our kids are very gentle and loving. They treat everyone like a long-time friend. It's obvious that they are grasping what real love is.
2. The Culture - The Guatemalan people are very sincere and hospitable, and it is a relationship-based culture. They don't focus so much on tasks, which means you get to know people quickly.
3. The Staff - The staff raises our kids to be respectful and grateful for what they have. They are dedicated, fun, caring and honest. You can tell that their hearts are really into what they are doing.
4. The Environment - Eagle's Nest is the perfect place to raise up our kids. It's safe, fun, and action-packed. There's never a dull moment. Plus, the inspiring surroundings are a great way to make sure our kids know how much they matter.
5. The School and Church - Eagle's Nest is so much more than just a place - it's a community. Our kids are given the chance to learn, grow, and follow Jesus. They are so engaged at school and at church. I love watching them connect with God, they really express their hearts in all they do.
I know it won't be long, and I'll be back in the place I love. I may only be 14, but I already know God has plans for me in this ministry. I hope you will check it out and get involved, too!